Women’s Fashion Trends for Spring & Summer 2008
An array of feminine styles will bring us into the new spring and summer season for 2008. In addition to last year’s oh-so-hot colors, everything’s just a little brighter and bold. With polished styles and retro designs, this summer’s latest fashion trends for women are truly inspiring and a whole lotta fun.
Everything that’s old is new again. Reminiscent of yesteryear, we’ll be seeing much more clothing that makes women feel flirty and sexy. Girly lace in just the right place will accent a fine blouse while romantic ruffles add just what it takes to make a dress ready for work or play.
- Splashy, fruity colors such as mango, watermelon, lemon, tangerine, and lime green give a large variety of choices and will surely get you noticed.
- The fashion industry and popular designers are favoring classic red in gowns as well as handbags. Too bold for you? Add the color in accessories such as belts and jewelry.
- The palette for formalwear offers up powdery pastels and classy, ever-so-trendy silver, gold, and white so you can dress up in style.
- Silver and gray replace black for warm weather neutrals. Whether matte or metallic, these two colors add dimension to otherwise solid styles.
- Classic tan and military green are a great combo, not only for solid pieces but for the very trendy camouflage styles as well. Whatever your choice, these colors need simple accessories such as a belt and gold chain.
Styles and Patterns
- Fashion trends for woman this summer will showcase ultra-feminine styles with lots of movement. Flowing skirts and chiffon blouses are dressy, yet casual enough for a party.
- Hemlines are higher but not too high. Only a few inches above the knee leave just enough to the imagination. On the contrary, shirt lengths are getting longer, allowing space for a strategically-placed belt or sash.
- Sleeves take a backseat to this year’s sleeveless, off-the-shoulder, and cutout designs — making shoulders a perfect place for a light dusting of bronzing powder.
- Retro styles are all the rage with patterns reminiscent of the 1960’s, 1970’s, and even the 1980’s. What’s exciting is the use of contrasting colors in the patterns, some quite wild in geometrical shapes.
- Playful prints include tiny clusters, paisley, and floral patterns, all in a barrage of color. Perfect for a spring day or hot summer night.
- Fashionable, military inspired clothing shows your support and is an instant hit for casual wear. Take your pick from light, cotton cargos, camouflage, walking shorts, and belted jackets.
- All-in-one outfits take the guesswork out of matching separates. Look for one-piece styles in suits and shorts. Most come with a belt or sash to define the waist.
- There’s a lot of appreciation for vintage clothing, with good reason. There’s some real treats to be found in second-hand shops that still look very stylish in today’s world.
- An interesting pattern emerging is typography. From clothing, to jewelry (and even home decor!) However, it’s not always obvious. Sometimes you may not notice the letters unless you look closely.
Fashion Accessories, Jewelry, and Shoes
- Just a few valuable accessories are all you need. Belts, sashes, and head scarves are abundant this spring and work well in moderation.
- Summer’s hottest trends are glitzy metallics that adorn a wide range of accessories, including belts, purses, and shoes.
- Patent leather is not just for winter. A fine handbag or pair of shoes will add a nice finishing touch to your wardrobe.
- Gold is making a comeback, revealing itself in gold/silver combos in jewelry. Perfect for the girl who can’t decide, she can have both at once!
- Size counts when it comes to handbags. Many celebrities prefer leather carryalls and designer tote bags to lug around their worldly possessions. The extra space is handy for new celebrity moms who refuse to forgo fashion to practicality.
- The runway is showing shoes that have substance with more sole and heel, which elongulates legs and adds height. High heels and weaved wedges are a just the thing for summer, casual and dressy all at once.
- For those who prefer flats and a very trendy style, opt for those with pointy toes. Want to be a tad more conservative? Choose flat sandals in neutral colors that will go with just about anything. Strappy sandals are always fun for long weekend getaways.
Hot Makeup Trends for 2008
- Many cosmetics companies are offering sheer, mineral makeup that looks very natural outdoors. Not only foundation, but blush and eye shadow that add just a hint of color.
- You don’t have to be a teen to enjoy lip gloss. By itself or over lipstick, it looks luscious and makes your lips appear plumper.
- Mascara does double-duty by adding length plus volume. Many come in all-in-one packages, two wands and two small tubes, one with basecoat and one with a topcoat in the color of your choice.
- Pigment, and lots of it! New compacts are crammed with complimenting colors marbled within one compartment. The current trend is to apply natural-looking makeup and turn up the color on the eyes.