Let’s be serious: if you’ve got more junk in the trunk than you want, chances are, you’ve probley tried to lose the weight. It’s been my issue forever.
From reading beauty magazines, to talking to women at work, friends, people, no matter what their size is, every one wants to look slimmer. By wearing the right type of clothes for your body shape you can look as much as 10 to 15 pounds slimmer. For those who are tired of dieting or just can’t seem to lose those last few pounds at the last minute, choosing clothes that are right for you and suit your body type will make you look slimmer – in an instant.
What you want to do is create a look that makes us appear larger or out-of–proportion; however, that’s what we do when we are not aware of the impact of line, design, proportion and color. Line and design is much more that wearing horizontal stripes, it is how the lines in the garment are formed, the shape and proportion of garments and how they are used to create the best look and how the lines of the body interact with the lines in clothes.
- Pulling your hair up and away from your shoulders will peel away pounds. Try sweeping your hair into a high ponytail and you’ll be surprised at how much slimmer your face looks.
- Not only are vertical- and pin-stripes slimming, but asymmetrical stripes such as miter stripe blouses and tunics also work. They have a lengthening effect on your upper body.
- Wear a shear loose blouse
- If you worry about your waistline, try some jeans or pants that sit low on your hips, as they will slenderize your trouble spot. Slacks that have a waist that hit just below your navel will make your midriff seem longer and slimmer.
- If you’re burdened with a belly bulge, choose relaxed fit jeans. The elasticized waist may help tame that bothersome tummy. Pleat-fronted pants will balloon your middle, so they’re a definite don’t. Flat front and side-zip styles are a do.
- Always remember that oversized clothes don’t help camouflage problem areas. Excess fabric only makes you look bulkier. Don’t try to hide under your clothes!
- Wispy bangs make a round face seem less so. Loose curls and waves can also have a slimming effect, so consider a body wave. Chunky highlights on the sides of your face will elongate it.
- Last, but not least, everyone has a feature they know works for them. Instead of always focusing on covering up what you don’t like, learn to flaunt what you do.